Saturday 1 March 2014

Completed Shabby Chic Bed!!!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to finally finish my bed! After a LONG, daunting process...the end results are fabulous! First was the stripping, then sanding, then black paint under coat, then chalk paint (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - Old White), then distressing (180 grit sandpaper) and finally...clear and dark wax 😄 
Thanks for stopping by!
PS: to stay updated with my home decor and furniture projects, be sure to follow my new Facebook page: Luvlee Creations https://www.facebook.com/luvleecreations


3 comments:

  1. Hi Luvlee, first of all, great job :-) thanks to you I have found Annie SLoan paint. But I was wondering: you write that you sand the bed and prepared it, but I have read that if you use AS paint you dont have to prepared your surface?? Is it right?

    Thank you for reply
    OriginalTina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristyna,
    Thank you so much...yes Annie Sloan paint is fabulous lol!!! Yes that is correct about not having to prep the surface when using chalk paint...but that's for "most" surfaces...not all. Unfortunately the chalk paint did not stick to the varnish finish on this particular piece. When it dried, it cracked and flaked right off. Sooooo I had to strip it :-(
    Tip: Always test a small area with the paint first and do a scratch test.
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Leanne:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was wondering about the prep you had to do, when I have used it I just put it straight on and it stuck. Guess I was lucky...but then I bought it cos I did not want to do all that prep!

    ReplyDelete